Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Plan for the Laundry Room

Of all the rooms in our house, if one were to be taken away I think I would miss the laundry room the most. Is it my favorite room? No way. But man alive is it useful. Not only is it laundry central, which as we all know the laundry never ends, but it is also our mudroom and the entrance we use from the garage in and out of the house multiple times a day. Plus it houses a second refrigerator and freezer which are a total luxury and so nice to have. 

Truth be told though, the laundry room takes quite the beating. It's the catch-all room. Anything that doesn't have a home seems to find it's way to the laundry room and then sits there. Sometimes for a day, sometimes for much, much longer. It's enough to drive me crazy. 

I've been daydreaming about how to spruce up the space for quite awhile now, making it more functional and adding a splash of "pretty" in too.  The other day I finally took a minute to put all my ideas together. 

Here's what I've come up with... 



Getting this all put together may actually take quite awhile. As does anything that requires time and two hands lately. Between school schedules, activities, and a baby happily hanging out on my hip, there's just not much time left for projects. But just getting the ideas down feels like great progress and I'll slowly work on it when I get the chance.

Posted at:
Weekend Retreat Link Party at AKA Design
Create Share Inspire Link Party at A Burst of BeautifulThe Wicker House, and Tidbits

2 comments:

  1. I love this design board for your laundry room! Lots of fun and functional ideas. I really love the reclaimed wood chunky shelf and those mudroom built-ins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where you are going with this! My favorite spaces have been the ones I've taken the time to really visualize it and not just rush to get it done. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete