Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Peek into our Kitchen and Dining Room

Don't you just love a good home tour? I know I do. I enjoy getting a sneak peek into someone else's home so I figured it would be fun to throw ours into the mix. 

First up... the kitchen. One because it is kind of my dream kitchen and quite possibly my favorite room in our house and two because it is the room that is the most "done" in terms of decorating and has been for quite awhile (mostly because there really wasn't much decorating to be done!) 

So say hello to our kitchen... 

I spy the top of Owen's head! 
We decided to forgo a traditional dining room for more of a dining "space" right next to the kitchen. You can't see it in these photos but our living room is also open to these two areas. We spend the vast majority of our time in these rooms.



The open shelving in the kitchen is one of my absolute favorite features. I love both the look and the ease of getting to our dishes. We are often asked if the stuff on the shelves is just "for show" and it isn't. With the exception of maybe one or two pieces everything is stuff we already owned or were gifted and it is used regularly. In fact, when we hosted Thanksgiving last the shelves were looking a little sad as I had pulled most everything down to use. 







Our biggest kitchen splurge was the 48" Wolf range. We both knew we wanted a nice range, but I thought going this big and having a 24" griddle was completely unnecessary. I'll be the first to admit, I was wrong. That griddle is the best thing ever, I literally use it daily. We cook everything from pancakes to stir fry on there.



Needless to say, I love our kitchen. It suits our family and our style perfectly. And while I love a beautiful room, our first priority was always something family friendly and usable. After having lived here for two and a half years I think we achieved that and more. We love this space and really wouldn't change anything about it.

Posted at:
Weekend Retreat Link Party at AKA Design
Create Share Inspire Link Party at A Burst of Beautiful

10 comments:

  1. I am in love with your kitchen! I love the open shelving and white cabinets, it looks great! My dining/kitchen/living room are all open to each other too.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't the open layout just the best?!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a stunning kitchen! And I can't get over those bar stools! We'd love it if you stopped by to share it (or any of your favourite posts) at our Create • Share • Inspire Link Party, every Thursday at 8:00 pm EST. www.aburstofbeautiful.com

    Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The barstools are great, they are from World Market and we love them. I actually had them picked out before the rest of the kitchen was even designed!

      Delete
  3. Your kitchen is stunning!! I've never met a white kitchen I didn't like, and yours is no exception. I'm jealous. LOVE the barstools. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a white kitchen too (obviously!), although the cabinet maker and builder were a little surprised by the choice. Around here it is still not very common.

      Delete
  4. You have such a beautiful and inviting kitchen :-) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so kind and the highest compliment. I want all of our house to feel like it's a place you can be comfortable in, nothing too stuffy for us!

      Delete
  5. Yes! That is a dream kitchen if I ever saw one! So perfect and your decor is lovely. Thanks for linking at Create - Share - Inspire! Hope to see more of your creative posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is so nice! And I'm really impressed by how much you blog. I can barely open my computer anymore.

    ReplyDelete