Friday, October 2, 2015

Pumpkins for Sale

I just finished telling my mother-in-law that I am ready for fall to start. Realizing that that technically has already happened, it sure doesn't feel very fall-ish around here. Frankly, we are having beautiful weather and I shouldn't complain, but I'm ready for the gray skies, rainy days, the fire in the wood stove, and a hot mug of apple cider. 

Although it doesn't feel like fall, the garden is telling us otherwise. It's pumpkin season. We seem to have improved our timing and all of the plants Audrey planted thrived this year and are ripening at just the right time (our timing was off last year and we ended up with a bunch of rotten pumpkins by September.) 


A couple of days ago she spent the afternoon picking all the pumpkins that were ready, making signs, and setting up her pumpkin stand. She takes the selling of her pumpkins very seriously and made sure that they were arranged just right.




Luckily for the passerby's who decide to stop she also doesn't have much of a concept of the value of money, so her prices are pretty reasonable. Each day she has gone back out to her plants to see if more are ready to add to her stand.


Even though the weather is deceiving, I guess it's time for me to embrace our warm fall weather. I better head down the driveway and buy a few pumpkins to decorate the house.

Posted at:
Tuesday Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Love her entrepreneurial spirit! Her pumpkins are lovely. I'd love for you to share this outdoor post on this week's Maple Hill Hop! Happy autumn!

    ReplyDelete