Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Homemade Granite Cleaner

Remember way back when when I shared the recipe I used for homemade dusting spray and I said I would share the other homemade cleaners I use "soon"? Well apparently by soon I meant nearly 10 months later. What can I say? Blogger fail. 

But trust me when I say this granite cleaner was worth the wait. I call it granite cleaner, but really it is my go to all-purpose cleaner. I use it on all of our granite (obviously), but I've also used it on our toilets, in the sinks, on tile, I've even dusted with it when I'm in too big of hurry, or too lazy, to pull out the dusting spray. It works great and once again I LOVE that it is incredibly simple to make and I always have the ingredients on hand.


Granite Cleaner

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 tsp castile soap 
Fill with water

A couple of notes... 
For the castile soap I always use Dr. Bronners Organic Baby Unscented because it is what we have on hand, but I'm sure one of the scented versions would work great too and make the cleaner smell good. Also, I always use distilled water in the cleaners as we have hard water. 

Posted at: 
The Weekend Retreat Link Party at AKA Design
Tutorials & Tips Link Party at Home Stories A to Z

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I'm a fan of your dusting spray and I will make this too…even though I don't have granite! I'll use it as an all-purpose cleaner! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete