Friday, June 26, 2015

In Bloom

I've always considered myself a "morning person". I love the idea of waking up refreshed, grabbing a cup of tea/coffee/whatever, sitting on the porch and watching the world wake up. Although lately I've had a bit of a change of heart and realized that summer evenings might just be the perfect time of day around here. 


It usually hits just a little after dinner and before all the bedtime hoopla begins. By then the backyard is completely shaded and often a breeze has picked up carrying away the hot and sticky from the day. The kids seem to get a burst of energy (probably from having just been fed) and happily run circles around the backyard, chasing each other and laughing.


I also get a minute to walk (or waddle with my very pregnant belly) through the garden and flower beds picking off spent flowers, or sampling the gardens treats.


Last night I grabbed my camera while I walked around and was able to snap a few pictures of the color that is filling our backyard. We have been working on landscaping more of the beds around the house so it is so nice to be able to enjoy the color that all that work brings.


1 comment: