Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The White Couch Plunge

It's February. Yahoo! 

Normally I'm not any more excited about this short month than any other month throughout the year, but January was tough on us this year and I'm ready for a new month. January started with Softie, a bit of a heartbreaker, and ended with Bryce, Owen and I getting the flu. The last couple of weeks have been full of coughing, sneezing, snot, and lots of laying on the couch.

And while having the flu was less than fun, all that time doing next to nothing laying in the living room gave me a lot of opportunity to think about the current design in there. Generally, it works, not my absolute dream design, but it serves its purpose pretty well. I know it could be better though.

So of course, what else is a girl to do, I turned to trusty Pinterest to see what ideas I could get. Here are a few of my favorites.





My current style definitely falls under the category of "cottage" and while all of these rooms interpret that a little differently I kept noticing one thing in common... the white couches. I am seeing all of these beautiful cottage-y living rooms and they all have taken the plunge with the white couch.

There are so many questions I have for the people that actually live in these houses. Does it really stay white? Do you have kids? Pets? Husbands? Aren't you sick of washing the slipcover every other week?

In fact, my in-laws recently redid their living room (I can't wait to share pictures soon, it's beautiful) and they took the white couch plunge. I love how it makes their living room so bright and cheery. But, I also know me and I couldn't stand if the couches were dirty and I also know that right now I have no less than four loads of laundry piled on the floor of our bedroom waiting to be folded. Do I really want to commit to adding couch slipcovers to that?

Maybe someday, but for now, with two kids, a husband, and a whole lot of dirt that gets brought in from outside, I think I'll stick to my "tan" (oh, I cringe even typing that) couches and try to play up the cottage in other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment