Thursday, October 2, 2014

The World Through Audrey's Lens

Before we bought our first DSLR four years ago we had a great little point and shoot camera. When we bought our "big camera" I hung on to that point and shoot thinking it might still be nice to have around.


Fast forward a couple of years and Audrey started asking for a camera. We looked at all of the "kid cameras" out there and were disappointed with most of the options, so in a complete gamble we decided to "give" the point and shoot to her. She was two. The likelihood that is got beat up or broken was high, but we were willing to give it a chance.


Now two years later the camera is still in great shape. Audrey takes the job of taking care of her camera very seriously. It has come on all of our trips with us and taken thousands of photos. Most are quite silly, but it is so entertaining to look through everything she deems worthy of a picture.



Tonight the memory card was full (again) so I took a minute to sit down and look through the photos as they were loading onto the computer. I know it is because she's my daughter and I'm looking at them all with a mom's eye, but I love every single one.


So I can't take any photo credit for the pictures above, they are all Audrey's straight out of the camera. Life according to a four year old.

I did take the picture below. A selfie of the two of us that her arm wasn't quite long enough for. A picture, that despite its blurriness and imperfections, I love.


Now the memory card is cleared, the battery has been recharged and I can't wait to see what the next round of pictures will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment