Monday, September 14, 2015

Kindergarten

While many kids have been in school for weeks at this point, schools around here just started last week and the kindergarteners didn't start until today. And while I'm still trying to figure out how it happened that I blinked and my beautiful first born baby became old enough, Audrey was one of the many kindergarteners filing into class this morning. 

She was bursting with excitement. 


She picked her outfit out last night and is obviously not afraid to mix patterns. Her sense of style is a pretty great reflection of who she is, adventurous, fun, and not afraid to take a chance. 

A friend asked me how I was holding up this morning and honestly, I'm a little sad for me that my sidekick for the past five years won't be here all day anymore, but more than anything I am just so excited for her. She is starting on such a grand adventure. I loved school as a kid and I see that same enthusiasm in her. 

I can't wait to hear all about her first day! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh…..she melts my heart! Such a big girl and oh so ready for this new school adventure! I'm so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete