Thursday, June 7, 2012

Airplane Mobile


My good friend Cate is due with her second baby in just a couple of weeks. When I saw this mobile over on the Silhouette blog I knew it would be the perfect gift for the new little munchkin.


It was extremely simple to put together. I used the 3D Airplane and 3D Cloud shapes on the Silhouette. I used this Mobile Photo Clip from Kikkerland Design Inc. and modified it a little to give everything room to hang.


I helped Cate hang it up yesterday in the little guy's room and it looks great. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting his arrival... I'm hoping for a very on time delivery so we get to meet him before we move.

Posted at: 

8 comments:

  1. Emily, that looks amazing! How much does a Silhouette cost? I want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are a couple of hundred dollars. I have the older version, but the newer ones look like they have a lot of great features.

      Delete
  2. Oh my this mobile is amazing! Your friend is so lucky. Stopping by from TTJ - feel free to check out my link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trisha. It was a lot of fun to put together.

      Delete
  3. This look fantastic! I saw some paper mobiles in Pottery Barn Kids yesterday and this looks just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size paper did you use/cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could use any size paper, but I used 12x12 inch scrapbook paper and cut it down to fit my Silhouette (I have the older version). Hope that helps.

      Delete