Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Almond Butter Granola


Over the years I've used several different granola recipes. They've all been good, but none have stood the test of time and I have always eventually moved on to find a different/better recipe, until now. This is hands down the best granola recipe I've ever tried and we LOVE the results. I always make a big batch and we eat through it too quickly. I even crave it when we run out.


This is a pretty no frills recipe, but I like it that way so you can add whatever suits you. Bryce enjoys it best as is with a little milk. Although Owen and my favorite way to eat it is with a little yogurt, toasted coconut and fresh fruit. And Audrey always likes to add some sort of dried fruit to hers. However you eat it though, it is delicious.



Almond Butter Granola

6 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups chopped almonds
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup honey
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Spread out onto two bakings sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, then continue to bake another 5 to 10 minutes checking and flipping often until golden. Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment